ImaChek includes a suite of services to improve the screening process for digital images acquired from life science research. The solutions are designed to serve various needs, whether you are a researcher, publisher, or university administrator.
Background of ImaChek
Studies show that 3.8% of over 20,000 papers published in various journals between 1995 and 2014 contained problematic figures, and this rate has not declined even after journals have devised specific guidelines on processing and preserving the integrity of scientific image data. iLPixel developed ImaChek to promote research integrity and advancement in life science research around the globe.
Features of ImaChek
Currently Available Solutions
ImaChek Pro (Download Manual)
- Designed for life science researchers and university administrators
- A unique cloud-based system to check if the images in research publications have been reused
- Unlimited IP allows you to get access to the solution anytime and anywhere
- Analysis can be done in 3 simple steps
- Image analysis results can be exported as a PDF file.
ImaChek Premium (Under development)
- Designed for government institutions
- In-depth analyses by experts to check if the images in research publications have been reused or inappropriately manipulated
ImaChek for Publishers (Available in 2018)
- Designed for publishers
- Customized API service that is integrated with publishers’ workflow
- Automatically flags problematic images at submission stage
A1 : No, ImaChek Pro does not allow multiple users to access the system with the same account at the same time.
A2 : This problem can be solved by clearing the cache and restarting your browser. Please make sure to log out after you have finished using the system. You will not be logged out just by closing the browser.
A3 : The URL for ImaChek Pro is https://imachek.com/ and not https://www.imachek.com/ . To prevent the browser from automatically adding “www,” go to [Settings] > [Show advanced settings] and uncheck “Use a prediction service to help complete searches and URLs typed in the address bar or the app launcher search box.” Restart your browser and you may access the service.
Q4 : The system is taking a long time to process my images, and I cannot see the examination results. What is happening?
A4 : We apologize for the inconvenience. Please send us the URL of the corresponding page at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Sorry again for the inconvenience this may cause.